Life with three kids can get pretty hectic. And some days I look at the clock and realize that its pretty much dinner time. Instead of putting together a quick bland meal, I love to cook up this korean beef. Makes me feel pretty good when I put together a flavourful meal in short amount of time. It takes 15 minutes from start to finish to make this beef. A perfect quick meal!
This meal is quite simple and only needs a handful of ingredients. One thing I will highlight is to use freshly grated ginger, it makes the dish taste more authentic. But if you don’t have ginger on hand, don’t stress. You can substitute it for ground ginger. Although fresh ginger really makes this dish!
This Korean. We’d recipe can be served with whatever you like. I prefer to pair it with white rice and some sautéed vegetables. If you want, you can mix in your vegetables when cooking your beef, add it in after the first step of this recipe. Depending on how many vegetables you use, you may need to add more honey and soy sauce.
You will also notice the use of extra lean ground beef. This is to prevent as much fat in your dish. If you use a higher fat ground beef, strain the juice after you have browned the meat. Less fat and your sauce won’t be as runny once done.
Honestly it is so simple, you have to try it for yourself!
Korean Beef Recipe
Cook time: 15 minutes Servings: 4
- 1lb extra lean ground beef
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp freshly grated ginger
- 3 tbsp honey
- dash of siracha sauce (optional)
- In a large fry pan, add sesame oil and ground beef. Cooked on medium heat till beef is browned.
- Add in soy sauce, honey, ginger, and optional hot sauce. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Turn of heat, mix in garlic and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Serve with your choice of rice and vegetables. Top with chopped green onion and sesame seeds for a more authentic flavour.
I hope you enjoy this tasty dish and be sure to tag @thejaclynyvonne in your social media posts!